Making the Change
Solutions and Requisites for Change
- Our protest is against the current system that allows unethical leaders to go unchallenged. Let it be known that the majority of the leaders and members are sincere and good of heart.
- Letters to World Tribune mailbox from members have been almost
completely suspended. Please explain why.
- Covering up for irresponsible fellow leaders especially in the higher positions in the name of protecting the organizations image.
See details in Section 2.
- Misusing doctrines of our faith to silence the people from the inside.
See details in Section 3.
- Ignoring President Ikeda and Makiguchi's guidelines concerning the structure of the organization.
See Victorious America.
- Not celebrating the birthday of the True Buddha, the date of
the invocation of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and the inscription of the
Dai-Gohonzon on a national level in the SGI-USA. On numerous
occasions we have requested to celebrate these events and we were told
that we are free to celebrate them locally as we wish. But we do not
celebrate them on a national level. Please explain why. Is
it because the leadership feels apprehensive that if we celebrate these
events, the membership might be tempted to see the Dai-Gohonzon, thereby
possibly being influenced by the Temple? If this is the case then we can't
agree. We can't let Nikken influence us in this way as to not celebrating
some of the most important dates of our faith on a national level. On the contrary we should use these
significant dates to strengthen our determination to bring back the
Dai-Gohonzon to the people.
- We are protesting the dismissals of the junior leaders who questioned
and challenged the actions of some of the top leaders in the organization,
which led to their dismissals. See details in Section
2 and the experiences in the Page of Courage.
- We protest the denial of the people's basic fundamental right to
hold the leaders accountable to them. See details in Section 2 and
December 22, 2000